Camp Dragonfly is a community-based grief camp for children who have suffered the death of a loved one. Camp staff members are dedicated to assisting children on their journey toward healing within a therapeutic, safe, caring environment.
WHY do we offer the camp?
- 1 in 20 children under age 15 will lose a parent
- Children react differently than adults
- Serious behavior and emotional problems may arise
- Affordable help is available at grief camp
Spring & Fall Session: March & October dates to be determined for 2015
WHEN: The next chance to sign up for Camp Dragonfly is for our 2015 Spring session! It’s not too early to sign up! Go ahead and fill out an application and we will get you on the list!
WHO: children, 8-12 years of age, who have experienced a significant loss in the past two years.
WHERE: All Saints Camp — Pottsboro, TX
COST: $25, with scholarships available
DEADLINE: Application deadline for the Spring Session is not set yet.
STAFF: Camp Dragonfly Director is Jolene Senek, LBSW, CT, GC-C
- All Volunteers and staff are screened and trained for the camp
- Lead personnel are available for interviews
CONTACT: Jolene Senek – Call 903-868-9315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org“The counselors really got to know my son and gave me some great ideas to help. I was so caught up in my own pain that I didn’t really give enough attention to his.” — A parent