Camp Dragonfly is a community-based grief camp for children who have suffered the death of a loved one. Camp staff members are dedicated to assisting children on their journey toward healing within a therapeutic, safe, caring environment.
WHY do we offer the camp?
- 1 in 20 children under age 15 will lose a parent
- Children react differently than adults
- Serious behavior and emotional problems may arise
- Affordable help is available at grief camp
Spring & Fall Sessions available: October 9th-11th for 2015
WHEN: The next chance to sign up for Camp Dragonfly is for our October 9th-11th for 2015 Fall session! It’s not too early to sign up! Go ahead and fill out an application and we will get you on the list!
WHO: Children, 8-12 years of age, who have experienced a significant loss in the past two years.
WHERE: All Saints Camp — Pottsboro, TX
COST: $25, with scholarships available
DEADLINE: Application deadline for the Fall Session is September 11 , 2015.
STAFF: Camp Dragonfly Director is Jolene Senek, LBSW, CT, GC-C
- All Volunteers and staff are screened and trained for the camp
- Lead personnel are available for interviews
CONTACT: Jolene Senek – Call 903-868-9315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org“The counselors really got to know my son and gave me some great ideas to help. I was so caught up in my own pain that I didn’t really give enough attention to his.” — A parent